WorldStage NewsOnline—- No fewer than 15 companies have emerged winners of the National Petroleum Coeporation (NNPC) Direct Sales and Direct Purchase (DSDP) of Crude oil contract for 2019/2020.
NNPC disclosed this in a statement issued by its spokesman, Mr Ndu Ughamadu, in Abuja, on Sunday.
He said that the announcement was in line with the corporation’s commitment to transparency and accountability in its activities as committed by the new Group Managing Director, Malam Mele Kyari.
“Following the completion of the 2019/2020 DSDP tender exercise, 15 consortia/companies, made up of reputable and experienced international companies and Nigerian Downstream companies, emerged successful to undertake the 2019/2020 DSDP arrangement.
“The contract is for one year, effective 1st October, 2019 to 30th September, 2020,” he said.
The companies that won the contracts are:
1. BP OIL INTERNATIONAL LTD./AYM SHAFA LTD.
2. VITOL SA/CALSON-HYSON
3. TOTSA TOTAL OIL TRADING SA/TOTAL NIG. PLC
4. GUNVOR INTERNATIONAL B.V./AY MAIKIFI OIL & GAS CO. LTD.
5. TRAFIGURA PTE LTD./A. A. RANO NIG. LTD…
6. CEPSA S.A.U./OANDO PLC
7. MOCOH SA/MOCOH NIG. LTD.
8. LITASCO SA/BRITTANIA-U NIG. LTD./FREEPOINT COMMODITIES
9. MRS OIL & GAS COMPANY LTD
10. SAHARA ENERGY RESOURCE LTD
11. BONO ENERGY LTD./ETERNA PLC/ARKLEEN OIL & GAS LTD./AMAZON ENERGY
12. MATRIX ENERGY LTD./PETRATLANTIC ENERGY LTD./UTM OFFSHORE LTD./LEVENE ENERGY DEVELOPMENT LTD
13. MERCURIA ENERGY TRADING SA/ BARBEDOS OIL & GAS SERVICES LTD./RAINOIL LTD./PETROGAS ENERGY
14. ASIAN OIL & GAS PTE LTD./ EYRIE ENERGY LTD./ MASTERS ENERGY OIL & GAS LTD/CASIVA LTD
15. DUKE OIL COMPANY INCORPORATED.
He further noted that the tender process comprised technical and commercial bid submission respectively, evaluation and shortlisting, then commercial negotiations with prequalified companies and engagement of the successful consortia/companies by NNPC.
“Under the DSDP arrangement, the aforementioned fifteen consortia/companies shall, over the contract period, offtake crude oil and in return, deliver corresponding petroleum products of equivalent value to NNPC, subject to the terms of the agreement,” he added