WorldStage NewsOnline—- In a bid to reduce the number of out-of-school children in Kaduna, the State Universal Basic Education Board (SUBEB), has commenced a massive campaign to enrol 145,000 children for the 2019/2020 academic year.
The board’s Acting Director, Social Mobilisation, Malam Ibrahim Aminu who disclosed this in Kaduna on Wednesday, said the campaign will target all categories of out-of-school children.
Aminu said that the board had earlier mobilised 2,000 education stakeholders as influencers, who would sensitise and mobilise parents to send their children to school.
He added that the campaign, under the World Bank assisted Better Education Service Delivery for All (BESDA), aimed to enrol 727,764 out-of-school children in the state in the next five years.
“We have trained the 2,000 enrolment influencers, and they have begun community-based house-to-house sensitisation campaign on Monday with huge success so far recorded.
“If every school community will enroll at least 35 out-of-school children in the 4,260 primary schools in the state, we will achieve the 145,000 target.
“Already, we are recording more than 100 pupils enrolment in most schools,” Aminu said.